Sometimes, we get a question "Why should I purchase a HEED 3 over other manufacturers of safety breathing devices?"
The answer is simple: HEED 3 uses a proven SCUBA regulator that has been saving lives for 30 years. The first version of the HEED was a repackaged Spare Air, ordered by the US Navy to assist in training and helicopter water emergencies. Since then, hundreds of organizations, governments, agencies and individuals [see a partial list] have taken advantage of our reliable design. And the best reason for a HEED 3 is "simplicity."
- Simple to use: the "always on" design is always ready to deliver air when you need it. There are no moving parts. The dial gauge is easy to read and clearly indicates if the tank is full and ready to us. Just place the mouthpiece in your mouth and breath normally [be sure to read owner's manual before using].
- Simple to maintain: the unit requires no routine maintenance except after use or once a year for a simple inspection and o-ring replacement. Every 5 years, the tank should be hydrostatically tested. The unit can be serviced at any Spare Air certified SCUBA shop or by sending directly to us.
- Simple to refill: the unit can be filled using any breathing air compressor, from a filled SCUBA tank [3000 psi] and even a hand pump for the truly adventurous. See our refilling page for more details.
- Simple to mount: the holster included with your HEED 3 is designed to mount easily to any MOLLE vest or belt. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. See a few examples on our mounting page.
- Simple to travel with: the small size and light weight make the HEED 3 ideal for commercial airline travel. Although the unit cannot be in service during the flight, once you arrive, your unit can easily be refilled and be ready when you need it. More details are available on our travel page.
- Simple to purchase: from a single unit to hundreds, the HEED 3 is available for shipment today. Call us for quantity pricing or order direct on our secure online shopping cart.
Reasons to choose HEED 3:
- Over 300,000 systems sold worldwide.
- Off-the-shelf, available for delivery now.
- Over 1 lb. lighter than competing models.
- Affordable - The HEED 3 is over $100 less than competitor’s models.
- Provides lifesaving air needed to egress from a downed aircraft or a rolled vehicle in the water.
- Ideal for all helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, float planes, watercraft and vehicles that operate around possible water emergencies.
- Protects personnel from inhaling dangerous and lethal toxic fumes from fire or smoke.
- Simple, compact design is less complicated to use and repair than competing models.
- Always-on design is ready to deliver air when you need it.
- Refillable from an air compressor or scuba tank.
- Includes custom holster to attach to a modular vest.
- 40 YEARS WITH A PROVEN DESIGN!
Read the story behind the invention of the HEED 3.
View testimonials from actual users.
See a list of our clients.