The Next Generation HEED 3 with standard holster
The Helicopter Emergency Egress Device 3 (HEED 3) manufactured by Submersible Systems, Inc. is an updated version of the original HEED. A compact, lightweight and reliable self contained breathing apparatus, the HEED 3 is designed to increase the survivability of military and commercial personnel in short-term out-of-air emergencies.
- Provides lifesaving air needed to egress from a downed aircraft or a rolled vehicle in the water.
- Ideal for all helicopters, fixed wing aircraft, float planes, watercraft and vehicles that operate around possible water emergencies.
- Protects personnel from inhaling dangerous and lethal toxic fumes from fire or smoke.
- The HEED 3 is also known as the SEED (Supplementary Emergency Escape Device), the STASS (Short Term Air Supply System), Spare Air® (The SCUBA recreational dive version), Spare Air Industrial (packeged for commercial personnel exposed to toxic fumes), Spare Air Escape (includes a mask to allow home users to escape from smoke and fire), and Xtreme Sport (our smallest model for Kayakers, Surfers and other extreme sport enthusiasts).
- Over 250,000 systems sold worldwide.
View a list of some of our esteemed customers.
- HEED3 is proudly made in the USA by Submersible Systems in Huntington Beach, California